Remington Titanium 35 Gun Safe
The Remington Titanium 35 is one of the most popular gun safes in existence. It combines very high end security features with a huge value price. It does have one flaw that I wish would be corrected, but for the money, it is hard to argue too much with what you get when you buy Titanium Series.
The Titanium 35 is essentially the same safe as the Lincoln 35 from Liberty Safe. Liberty Safe markets its line of gun safes under the Remington band name.
The Titanium series has three different models the Titanium 25, 35 and 50. The Titanium 35 has a stated long gun capacity of 34 guns. It retails for $2,950, but you can get for approximately $2,300.
This is a HUGE value for this gun safe. Once you see the advantages below, I think you will understand even more.
Remington Safes has a great warranty. They pay for shipping if you need to get a new safe due to fire or theft damage. Moreover, they even allow you to transfer the warranty to a subsequent buyer.
If you are unfamiliar with some of the terminology on tis page, please check out my gun safe buying guide for in depth descriptions on what to look for in a gun safe.
- UL Rated Lock and Cabinet: The Titanium 35 has a UL RSC rating and comes with a UL Group II rated S&G combination lock.
- Locking Bolts: Each bolt is 1.25″ and there are 14 of them around all four door sides.
- Fire Rating: 90 minute fire rating. This safes other namesake (Liberty Lincoln 35) is infamous for surviving a California brush fire.
- Weight: The safe weighs 930 pounds. While a little below my preferred 1,000 pounds, this safe is still very heavy for the value price.
- Hard Plate: The hard plate is made with ball bearings, which should cause extreme havoc on any burglar trying to drill into the lock.
- Steel Thickness: The steel thickness is 11 gauge. Why couldn’t they have made it 10 gauge? For the love of Pete, Why? Seriously, why didn’t they make this safe with at least 10 gauge steel?
- Height: The Titanium 35 is 60 inches tall. If you have longer guns, you may want/need to step up to the Titanium 50 that is 72 inches tall.
Fit and Finish:
When you pay more, you get more. The locks and hardware come in chrome, black chrome and brass finish. Multiple interior and exterior combinations are available depending upon what hardware finish you choose.
The safe also comes with a cool 5 spoke handle.
Whether you buy the Remington or Liberty version, you are getting one great safe for the money.
Remington Titanium 35 – By the Numbers
|Security Features:||Remington Titanium 35|
|UL Security Rating||RSC|
|Steel Thickness||11 Gauge|
|Inside Bolt Holes||Yes|
|Locking Bolts – No.||14|
|Locking Bolts – Sides||4|
|Locking Bolts – Size||1.25″|
|Lock Rating||UL Group II|
|Lock Protection||Yes – Ball bearing plate|
|Fire Rating Agency||In-House|
|Fire Rating||90 min. at 1,200°F|
|Exterior Measurement||60.5″ x 36″ x 30.5″|
|Weight (lbs.)||930 lbs.|