- Home / Browning Safes
Bronze BR24F Gun Safe Review
One of Browning Safes entry level offerings is the Bronze Series. The Bronze BR24F is not your quintessential full service gun safe that “has it all”. But for the money, it does offer some notable features worth discussing and possibly worth purchasing depending upon your budget and desired security needs.
Browning has three value or entry level safe series, in this order: Theftgard, Bronze, and Copper. There are four different sized models in the Bronze Series. The Bronze BR24F is right in the middle and offers between 9 and 18 long gun storage options within the safe depending upon your configuration choice and an additional 7 guns on the door using the DPX storage system.
- UL RSC Rating: This safe was able to withstand a professional onslaught for 5 minutes without being opened. While the RSC rating does not define a safe’s security, it sends a warning sign if the gun safe doesn’t even have this.
- The Bronze BR24F also has advanced features usually found in much more expensive safes from Browning. It has reinforced (U shaped channels) door openings, a special cam device (patent pending) to avoid the locking bolts and handle from opening the lock if torqued, etc.
- Locking Bolts: There are 14 licking bolts on the safe. The bolts on the upper and lower left corners of the door are particularly strong. Browning calls them Pry-Stop Corner End Bolts. These bolts are over 2 1/2 times longer than normal bolts and attach to a high-strength steel angle iron. The benefit of this feature prevents the locking bolt support bar from bending in a pry attack. The top and bottom locking bolts on the door side secure the most vulnerable door corners.
- UL Group II Rated Lock: I often do not highlight this feature on more expensive safes, because it is pretty standard. On entry level safes, this quality of a lock is worth mentioning.
- Steel: Woops! There had to be something. This gun safe has 12 gauge steel. Not surprising for an entry level safe, but worth noting.
- Locking bolt Sides: Great locking bolts. Great size, strength, and number. BUT, they are only on 3 sides.
Fit and Finish
The more premium Browning safes have many different finish options. The Bronze BR24F has two choices: Glossy Black or Textured Charcoal.
The internal storage is good and you get the DPX door storage system, which allows you great additional storage.
This safe normally retails for around $1,600, but you can get it for about $1,450. This is a high quality safe for the money, but I really wish they had the locking bolts on all four door sides.
Bronze BR24F – By the Numbers
|Security Features:||Bronze BR24F|
|UL Security Rating||RSC|
|Steel Thickness||12 Gauge|
|Inside Bolt Holes||Yes|
|Locking Bolts – No.||14|
|Locking Bolts – Sides||3|
|Locking Bolts – Size||1″|
|Lock Rating||UL Group II|
|Fire Rating Agency||In-House|
|Fire Rating||45 min. at 1,200° F|
|Exterior Measurement||60″ x 30″ x 23″|