- Home / Liberty Presidential 40 Gun Safe
Liberty Presidential 40 Gun Safe
Liberty Safe Company, and the Presidential 40, is waiting for you when you finally decide you want to step up your game and play with the big boys. This safe is not for the amateur gun collector and not just because it will set you back over $4,000.
The Presidential Series of gun safes are some of the finest available. Like the name suggests, this gun safe is for those who not only want to provide their collection with the utmost in home security, but also want to make a statement.
One viral video shows thieves trying, and failing, to break into this safe over a 5 hour onslaught.
Curious about what makes this safe so good? Is this safe perfect? Maybe, maybe not. Let’s take a look.
- GX-480 MONSTER MECH Cam Device: This cam device is a step up from the already good DX-90 Monster Mech on some of the less expensive
liberty gun safe series. You can ignore the model numbers and focus on one thing: Pressure. This unique device distributes prying
pressure away from the lock so that the lock is less likely to become compromises when under assault. Seems simple, but it is highly
important to maintaining the lock integrity.
- Ball Bearing Lock Plate Protector: Good think steel is good, but ball bearings actually can break the drill bit of would be thieves. Thieves who have to stop and change drill bits or safe break-in tactics are more likely to become frustrated and angry. Maybe they try harder, maybe they go away. Whatever they do, it still takes them more time to do their job, thus increasing the odds they get caught or go away.
- 7 Gauge Steel: I recommend 10 or 8 gauge steel for gun safes, but often buyers have to compromise on this due to price concerns. Well, if you have the money, the Presidential 40 gives you 7 gauge steel which is incredibly thick for a residential gun safe.
- UL Ratings: The Presidential 40 has a UL RSC burglary rating and a standard UL S&G Group II combination lock. You can also buy an electronic lock for an additional fee.
- Locking Bolts: The Presidential Series has 22 locking bolts (versus 16 for the Lincoln Series), 1.5″ in diameter (versus 1.25″ for the Lincoln Series) and are on all four door sides.
- Interior Dimensions: If you are sticking with Liberty Safe Company products, you probably are comparing this safe with the Lincoln 35. Besides the upgraded features discussed above, the Presidential 40 offers an additional 6 inches of interior height than the Lincoln 35.
- Price: Let’s face it, all this additional steel, locking bolts, etc., comes at a pretty steep price. The Presidential 40 $4,700 or more depending upon options. Obviously, to purchase this safe requires a serious collector who understands
the value a good safe provides.
For many, the price on this Liberty Safe Company product is going to be too much. However, for those of you on the bubble, think about the true value of a safe like this one or other high end gun safe.
If you have 30 guns worth, on average, $600 each, that is $18,000. This does not include scopes, handguns, or other valuables. Depending upon your insurance coverage (or lack thereof) this safe is not a bad hedge at protecting your investment.
Not only that, but a safe such as this should last a lifetime as well as your child’s lifetime, making it a fine heirloom piece.
Liberty Presidential 40 – By the Numbers
|Security Features:||Presidential 40|
|UL Security Rating||RSC|
|Steel Thickness||7 Gauge|
|Inside Bolt Holes||Yes|
|Locking Bolts – No.||22|
|Locking Bolts – Sides||4|
|Locking Bolts – Size||1.5″|
|Lock Rating||UL Group II|
|Fire Rating Agency||Internal|
|Fire Rating||150 min. at 1,200° F|
|Exterior Measurement||66.5″ x 36″ x 30.5″|